Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Good News about Wood Pellets

Good News about Wood Pellets

No sooner had I the last Blog published, than I received an e-mail from Briain Smyth of Irish Pellets Co. Meath which lead to an interesting conversation about a new 100% Ecological Wood Pellet Production Facility.

Briain tells me that his new factory is expected to be in production in December. I was very happy to hear that it will be using 100% Irish sourced wood to produce top quality 6mm pellets with a guaranteed 8% moisture.

The initial capacity of the factory will be 30,000 tonnes per year but this will be increased in time. By my calculations that would be enough to supply about 6,000 to 8,000 average domestic users per year on initial production capacity. Now that is good news!

Prices have not yet been focussed but Briain assures me that they will be very competitive. Irish Pellets has a web site but there is not a great deal of information up on it just yet.

www.irishpellets.com

No comments: