Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SEI to SEAI Comment



.



SEI to SEAI
Comment on Comment!


I had a comment on my last post in which I was somewhat scathing about SEI. My sarcasm was based on the poor performance of some of their past schemes, not least their abysmally poor handling of the situation evolving from the SEI woodpellet grants scheme, and not so much a comment on the future plan just announced.

My attitude to SEI / SEAI is encapsulated in a statement from the managing director of a large company involved in the
business who put it to me regarding SEI; they have a "terminal lack of joined-up thinking"




energy has left a new comment on your post "New Name for SEI":

I understand that you are generally annoyed with SEAI. I am also of the opinion that their new plan is far fetched. However, before publicly condemning something, I feel that it is important that we read the plan in whole (which is easily available on their website). It is not necessarily a 5 year plan, but something that spans out over 15 years.

Personally I believe that in order to achieve your goals, it is important to reach for something higher - as the saying goes "Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you will land among the stars."
This mentality is used by most companies around the world during their annual goal setting exercises.

Also, I believe that if we have something to say about anything (good or bad), it should be followed up with facts and not a statement like "I sincerely hope that (SEAI) also gets a badly needed BRAIN transplant."

Please don't take my comment the wrong way, I am just simply stating my opinion - as are you.




.

No comments: