Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oil Prices Drop

.




Drop of Oil?


Don’t rush out and get that “Gasification” boiler with the new SEI grant just yet. That is unless you can import one at the right price and avoid the “Paddy Taxes”.

Oil prices seem as if they are starting to fall as a result of recession fears. So that means we could see the price of domestic heating oil fall considerably in the next few months.

In case any of my readers think that I am against the installation of sustainable energy systems, I want to make it 100% clear that I am totally in favour of a greening of our homes.

What I am against and what totally pisses me off - is the Irish predilection to price gouging, locally termed “Paddy Tax”, and the less than “joined-up-thinking” of government agencies and their user un-friendly grant schemes.



.

No comments: