Unanswered Questions from Kedco
I have been reading in the papers where Kedco are expanding their franchise in Ireland, selling, among other items, their own branded OPOP boiler.
Some 6 weeks ago I posed some questions to Kedco by their own invitation.
Just to remind you here again are the questions:
1. How secure is Kedco's pellet supply?,
2. What prices are offered on wood pellets, bulk, bagged, baled?,
3. Can Kedco guarantee a price on pellets for any length of time i.e . the next 12 to 18 months perhaps?,
4. How long is the guarantee on the burner unit as distinct from the boiler?,
5. Will Kedco supply parts replaced by other than their own technicians under warranty?
6. What is the cost of Kedco service technicians time per hour, and what mileage cost, and minimum charge?
7. Does Kedco have a stock of spares?
8. Does Kedco have a price-list of spares?
9. If so what is the price of a 16Kw stainless steel burner box/tray/hearth, or an igniter unit?
I would add another couple of questions on reflection:
a. How many fully trained technicians does Kedco have on full time employment?
b. What type of warranty repair is not covered by the guarantee?
c. Under warranty, are there ANY charges for a call-out?
d. Before sale and delivery of a wood pellet boiler, do Kedco survey the location, if so is there a charge?
And here is one new question just added with this blog:
Does the Kedco boiler have a fail-safe water quench anti back-burn device fitted?
It would be nice to have the answers??