Friday, November 30, 2007

The Great Solar Cell Race is ON!

.

The Great Race


Since writing the last piece on the new solar electric panels, I have been gathering information on just a few of the runners in this Great Solar Race.

A few weeks ago I wrote up a short piece on Innovalight and their CEO Conrad Burke. I spoke to Mr. Burke today who promised to send me some news of where his company is in the Solar Race.

Some of the other players of note in the field are; Signet Solar, Ava Solar, Nano Sys,, and Solaris, just to mention a few.

I have a feeling that this is going to be one hell of a technological race. The prize is huge and the implications will reverbrate throughout history.

There appears to be two distinct lines of development in the basic science involved. 1. Silicone Based, and 2. Non Silicone or Dye based. I am very uninformed in the science of solar cells but I will be doing a lot of reading in the next few weeks. What I learn, I will try to translate from TechnoSpeak into English, and will post the results right here.

I am getting very excited about this new Solar Cell Tecnology.



.

No comments: