Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Does SEAI Assist Dishonest Traders?

.




Does SEAI
(Sustainable Energy Authority Ireland)
Assist Dishonest Traders?


Hi Tony

I have read your blog with interest because I have been caught out by a building company registered with the SEI. They did a really bad external insulation job on my home and I have the photos to prove it. I now have a judgement against them and, of course, they say they are going into liquidation!!! The thing is that they are still trading and I was wondering if you have any tips on getting the word out there as I just couldn't bear to see anyone else in my situation. This has cost me thousands to rectify so far and things are still not finished as I have run out of money.   Regards.


COMMENT:

I believe that some cowboys benefit by being able to state on their literature that they are SEAI registered. SEAI therefore bears at least some of the blame for poor, dangerous, or dishonest work done by those bearing their apparent seal of approval.

I believe that it is SEAI's responsibility to warn the public where poor workmanship or dishonest trading is carried out by dealers bearing their apparent seal of approval or  in other words their registration.






.

No comments: