Saturday, June 13, 2009

SWS Wind Farm at Kilgarvan

.

SWS Natural Resources
Wind Farm at Kilgarvan



I was invited by Kevin O'Donovan of SWS to visit and photograph the installation of new turbines at the very large SWS wind farm at Kilgarvan Co. Kerry. I was introduced to Jonathan Miller the Nordex Turbine Manufacturer's site manager who facilitated my visit to the wild and beautiful mountain top site.



The site has a variety of wind turbines installed. The current phase consists of 10 Vestas V52 turbines (850kW)with a hub height of 55m, and 13 large Nordex N90 turbines (2.5MW) having an 80m hub height.

I have captured some very interesting images during my visit and got to see close up some details of the Nordex turbine. Over the next week or so, I will be publishing a series of posts with the photos and details.



.

No comments: