"Taints" - a Definition
particularly as pertains to Ireland
1. To affect with, or as if by, an infection or disease.
2. To affect with decay or putrefaction; to spoil.
3. To corrupt morally.
4. To affect with a tinge of something reprehensible.
To become affected with decay or putrefaction; spoil.
1. A moral defect, a stain or spot.
2. An infecting touch, influence, or tinge.
NOTE: (a) A survey taken last April found that a mere 12% of the population of Ireland trusted members of the Irish Parliament!! (b) Many of Ireland's problems have money, greed, and dishonesty at the core.